What are the rules of geocaching?
- If you take something from the geocache (or "cache"), leave something of equal or greater value.
- Write about your find in the cache logbook.
What do I need to go geocaching?
The only necessities are a GPS device or a GPS-enabled mobile phone so that you can navigate to the cache. Alternatively we may provide you with a map or a set of riddles to help you on your way.
The Gardens - Ideal place for a Treasure Hunt...
Currently there are 3 Cache's (treasures) in the Gardens to be found and logged. They are:
- Botaniese Tuin George Nr 1 by Louwtjie&Vroutjie.
- Botaniese Tuin George Nr 2 by Louwtjie&Vroutjie.
- Botaniese Tuin George Nr 3 by Louwtjie&Vroutjie.
Also near by you can find:
- Sampies se Hoogte by Louwtjie&Vroutjie.
- New Beginnings by Louwtjie&Vroutjie.
- Old Canal View by Louwtjie&Vroutjie.
To become actively part of the GeoCaching game, we suggest you go to www.geocaching.com.
Who can Play?
The Hunt is open to the public during normal visiting hours of the garden. The game is suited to anyone who is able to operate a GPS or a smartphone and has the ability to walk the required distance to each cache (so pretty much most people)!
We hope to create a notice board @ the gardens, to inform the general public of all GeoCaches in and around the area.